Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Disclaimer: I am not for everyone but I may be for you!

Disclaimer!

I wanted add a new posting to my blog to act as a disclaimer and I have not written in some time. I am not for everyone and my beliefs will almost definitely alienate a huge cross section of those I intend to reach. My response is, " I am not for everyone."

  1. Human beings are inherently weak. Through societal conditioning, psychologists, psychiatrists and drug companies,  human beings are a race of dependents. AA counts on this and has the worst success rate for suffering addicts among all other options. wait , what happens if you don't understand that there are other options. You yourself are weak and even worse is the fact that the people who love you and surround you often times become weak in the face of addiction. They have no way of understanding what needs to be done how how to do what needs to be done and they let their loved ones die. Therefore you alone must understand that if you are an addict you r ass needs to be put away in jail or in a rehab center to get medically detoxed and then you alone need to take control of your own life without the label of alcoholism telling you that you are powerless.How do I know this?
  • I drank and drugged hard for ten years , suffered seizures  lived alone and all my friends and family abandoned me and left me to die because they had no idea what to do when I alone had lost the will to live. I've seen and personally dealt with dozens of addicts and people that have dies or tried to kill themselves subscribing to AA and the myth of alcoholism.

  1. Alcoholism is something that has been debated for centuries and the american medical association finally decided to call it a disease because they stand to profit from the care given to hose weak minded enough to believe they are diseased. The pharmaceutical companies also benefit huge from the addicted mind. Do the research and do the homework. Alcoholism is not a disease. It is a habit that you created through your own free will. It is not passed on through race like the Irish claim nor through genes. None of that has ever been proven or documented with irrefutable facts. However calling the habit of drinking too much alcohol until your body becomes addicted to it has been called a disease because a truly addicted person stops growing and changing mentally and emotionally so its easy to label as a disease because it does effect you for the long term. However, if you are medically detoxed, get sober, and never drink again. You can become an MVP quarterback in the Superbowl . ask Kurt ?Warner? How do I know this?
  • I did some serious damage to my liver and pancreas and now have chronic pancreatitius as well as diabetes as a result of drinking. However Noone would look at me and know that I have either of these things because I am currently in the best shape of my entire life. I have 9 years of sobriety and have never ever had a relapse. Ever! I went to AA a few times and was disgusted with the caliber of people and left. I was medically detoxed, and then stopped drinking and never drank again. There is not a single doctor inthe world that could do a single test on me and say that i had" alcoholism" because it does not exist. I am living proof. extraordinarily powerful and unique living proof but living proof none the less.
  1. AA is bullshit and is the ultimate way to replace your addiction and dependence on a substance with an addiction and dependence on people who are dependent on each other in a group psychosis type of atmosphere. This atmosphere feeds off powerlessness, weakness, and attributing sobriety to a god that may or may not exist. I could do that too and maybe attribute my success to the Smurfs but if the Smurfs don't exist. the point is that dependent people need other dependent people and a "higher" power for #AA to work and thrive. If there was no higher power than i guess you would have to attribute your sobriety to a sponsor. what happens when that sponsor fails or drinks and god forbid loses his coins or chip on his key ring. where do you turn. How do I know this:
  • There is no one on the face of the earth that can ever tell themselves or anyone else that someone else or something else was or is responsible for their success. There may be people or situations that have helped along the way but if a person does take ownership of achieving a goal on their own they will fail.If you choose to be a powerless "alcoholic" that sits in a room full of other powerless people than that is who you are and your achievements are contained within that bubble of thinking and way of understanding your own existence. Conversely, if you understand that you are the only person who can change your circumstance and that "alcoholism" is a label and not a disease, than you can get medically detoxed, stop drinking and simply move on through life and do whatever you set your mind to doing. How do I know this:

  1. 9 years of sobriety without a hiccup with drugs and or alcohol. 
  2. Quit smoking
  3. Changed my diet when diagnosed with Diabetes and got off insulin completely and all other medication to treat type 2 diabetes by losing 50 pounds
  4. play 3 sports
  5. weight training for 5 years without fail suspended only to train for distance running
  6. Went from running a 20 minute mile to a sub 6 minute mile pace for 10 miles.
  7. Trained and successfully completed and placed in the top 10% in my age range in two extreme obstacle course races at 40 years old after having my ACL replaced 1.5 years earlier.
  8. Walked out of AA rooms 9 years ago and never looked back
  9. Have had 9 successful checkups every year and notonce was told I had alcoholism. apparently it's in remission! :)
  10. I am a father, a Director at a company,a husband, a brother, a son, a nephew, a cousin, and uncle, a friend, a grandson and the unstoppable master of one.

My blog is candid. It is arrogant. It is arrogant and it is accusatory because I wish someone had spoken to me this way when I was drinking 100 proof vodka for breakfast and at lunch to keep from shaking during my meetings and puking when I got home. Addiction is an ugly habit that I brought on myself as a result of some possible psychological issue or otherwise but it is a problem I solved not a disease.

Someday I hope to open my own rehab center that helps people learn exactly what I did to get where I am today but in the meantime, I am that "asshole" as someone who commented on my blog portrayed me that will say things as they are, not how they appear to be. Everyone benefits from the lie of "alcoholism" and AA except the people that face those terms and ideals.

I am proof. I am the master of One and I am here to help If you don't like anything you have read. If you don't like what I have to say and if you don;'t find me credible. challenge me! I want to know what I have done wrong to get where I am today.

If yourself subscribe to #AA and have 30 years of sobriety and a higher power poster in your head with a meeting you attend everyday of the week. Good for you. You are not what I envision a powerful human being to be but you are sober and alive. Good for you.

The reality is that there is another way to live and it's powerful beyond measure.



No comments:

Post a Comment